Monday, October 13, 2008

My top ten favorite things that Luke is doing right now that I feel like I will remember forever but will probably forget in a couple of months

10. He loves to "luh-loh" (color) morning noon and night. It's the first thing he asks for in the morning before he eats his breakfast and at night when we're reading books before bed he asks again.

9. Luke knows his colors... sort of. If you ask him to find the blue, he'll pick up the blue. But ONLY if it's his crayons, not just a random blue car. If you pick up something and ask him what color it is, that's a whole other story. He'll usually answer, "lellow?" we'll say, noooo, "geeen?" nooooo, "lellow?" and back and forth between those two. It's really funny. Finally when you tell him blue (or whatever) he'll triumphantly repeat "boooo!" He loves his colors.

8. He loves to count. He always skips number one and will say "tooo, teee, tooo, teee" over and over because those are the only numbers he knows. When he has two of something he will come and find me and hold them up and say, "TOOOOO!" He has, however, told me that there are two Lukes...

7. Lots of things are "skee-ee" (scary) these days. Jack-o-lanterns, Darth Vader, the fire crackling, a man at church who just had surgery on his nose... (had to play that one off like I didn't know what Luke was saying...)

6. At night when we are reading books before bed he will tell me "one moh book-it, peep" (one more book and then we'll go to sleep).

5. When Luke says "no" he says, "no dan doo" (no thank you), but instead of shaking his head "no," he shakes his booty. Somehow the shake migrated down.

4. I love how he loves his friends. Brody and Little Lincoln are his favorites. Whenever he sees them he will yell their name (well, "Bubba" or "Git-gat") and run to give them a big hug. I hope he always is the encourager like he is today.

3. He is always saying "sah-ee" (sorry). It started out when he would squeeze by somebody (or something), he would apologize. Now he just says it all the time. He stepped on the cat's tail by accident (got a loud reaction from the cat) and said "so sah-ee kee-kat." He bonked a friend in Bible class the other day (on purpose) and told him he was sorry without being prompted. When the teacher told me I wasn't sure how I should respond- do you punish the bonk or do you praise the sorry? Oh the confusion of parenthood.

2. I love how excited he gets when Daddy gets home. Whenever he hears a bonk or loud noise during the day he'll say, "Daddy?" I guess Daddy is synonymous with loud noises? When he sees Daddy through the window coming to the door he'll say "PEA DADDY!!" (please Daddy) and then a very triumphant announcement "DADDY!!!" when he comes in the door. I don't blame him, he's got a great daddy.

1. He is constantly wanting to say a "pa-yer." He folds his little hands and bows his head. (but keeps his eyes very open) Definitely when we sit down to eat any meals, but also just throughout the day. If we are praying longer than he thinks we should at church then he will yell, "MEN!" thinking that will move things along. At home he'll tell me "pa-yer Gitgat" (prayer for Lincoln) or "pa-yer Daddy." Today we also said a thank you prayer for our pumpkins ("pa-yer pagin"). That may sound like I'm making it too lighthearted, but those pumpkins have brought a lot of joy so a prayer was definitely warranted. We always pray when he asks, sometimes four or five times in a row. :) He is teaching me to pray continually- something I was never as good at as I should be. Thank you Lord, for my little boy!!!

2 comments:

Mark Phillips said...

Git-gat loves to pray, too! He will furrow his brow, which I think is his way of closing his eyes with them open. Or maybe I'm serious when I pray. He wants to hold both Mommy and Daddy's hands. We've prayed 4 times for a meal.

Mark, Nicole, and Git-gat.

Anonymous said...

Ok so much to cover. Aaaaaaaaaaand we're off:

10 and 9. So sweet. It's not surprising, the Crumley clan is artsy.

5. I love that he shakes his rear when he says no. So funny.

4. It was SO adoreable when he ran over to Git Gat at Noodles when I was there and gave him the biggest hug. SO CUTE.

(on a side note, GitGat's cute 'lil squeeky shoes are still my favorite kiddie "kicks" I've ever seen/)

3. Sorry/smacking
A. So, that's quite amusing that he's getting violent at church. No bueno.
B. Super funny that he apologized. I wonder if he smacked him so that he could have a practical aplication for his apology. :)

2 & 1. All I can say is that I cannot wait to see him. Y'all are doing an amazing job with my Bug and if I turn out half as good as you are as a mom, I'll be doing great. :)

Love you 'Bigail!