Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Big Brother

Luke is pretty smitten with his little brother. He is very helpful. (sometimes genuinely helpful, sometimes it's more of a "helpful.") He tries to soothe him if he's fussy- I think that's my favorite helpful thing he does. He'll sing to him or tell him, "it's okay, baby Eli." I was sitting on his bed reading books with him this morning and Eli started fussing in the other room. As I start to get up, Luke yells, "IT'S OKAY BABY ELI!" and tells me, "sit down, Mommy." Some other funny things he's said lately (most unrelated to baby stuff):

We were coming in the door, Eli was fussing and Luke was due for lunch and nap and I had to go to the bathroom like nobody's business. Maxx starts meowing up a storm and I tell him, "Maxx, you are the last priority." Luke "repeats" and says, "Maxx, you have the last prayer."

L: "My bonk my toe, Mommy!"
Me: "Oh dear. On what?"
L: "On my foot, Mommy." (duh, mommy)
Me: "I'm sorry, sweetie."
L: "My sorry too, Mommy."

After I put Eli in his carseat, buckle him in, cover his legs with a blankie and put his pacifier in, Luke says, "Good job helping baby Eli, Mommy! Thank you helping my baby, Mommy! You're GOOD GIRL, Mommy!!" I felt quite proud of myself afterward! :)

Here are some pictures of the big brother in action.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Abby! No we weren't at Northwest, we went down to Lakewood....but gosh I would have loved to see you! We were at Mark and Nicci's for a couple of days (and Kari and Peyton surprised us and came down too!) and then spent the rest of the trip at my parents cabin (near Glenwood Springs). We hope to be back up that way for Christmas and if you are in town we would love to meet up and see your boys. They look just precious! And I'm very glad that you are putting Luke's quotes up..I think it is a great way to preserve them and share with others!

Take care....going from 1 to 2 was harder for me than 0 to 1, but it sounds like you are doing just fine! When Eli is about 18 months or so your life is going to get WAY easier b/c they will REALLY be playing together and from there they will just continue to play better and better. Siblings are such a blessing!

Laura