Thursday, September 24, 2009

Urban Cowboy

We just spent about a week in Texas visiting Jarud's parents and had a great time. West Texas has everything that Luke loves: dirt, rocks to throw, sand, windmills, tractors, trains, lots of trucks, more dirt, and grandparents! (not necessarily in that order) He couldn't get enough, and so he decided to bring some TX home with his new found accent. (???) "That car is fa-yest!" It only lasted a couple of days but it was a riot. This morning he was talking about Texas and I asked him what was in Texas and he said, "cows and cow poop." He won't walk in the grass here because he tells me there is cow poop. His bedtime prayer tonight: "Dear God thank you for cow poop. Amen." Boys. Some shots of our fun:

VERY excited about his plane ride. That window was only closed for the split second I took this picture.

Eli's first flight, so had to get a picture of the boys in the cockpit! I am always amazed at how willing the pilot is to let us snoop around!

For a 2 year old boy, football= teddy bear. Especially if it's a Cowboys football from Poppy.

LOVES the riding lawnmower! ("tractor")

Eli loved it too! :)

I love this picture. :)

This boy would play in that sandbox all day long. Oh wait- he did.

Coloring a picture for Nonna- I think it was two horses, a hippo and the water, or something like that.
Cheetos and Little Einsteins DVD. What else could a boy want on the 14 hour ride back?
Sweet boy! He did so well in the car!

2 comments:

Her Highness Andromeda the Fluffy said...

Cute pictures! Glad the kids had fun!

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

so you flew there and drove back??? i love the boots in the sand pit!