Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Mother of Boys
Things I know because, and only because, I am a mother of boys.
The differences between a loader, digger, bulldozer, backhoe, excavator, grater, spreader, etc.
The airspeed (in Machs) of an F-16.
The specific time of day the garbage truck arrives on Monday.
How a spoiler makes a race car faster.
Pterodactyl and Brontosaurus are now Pteradon and Apatosaurus. I mourned their passing as much as I did Pluto's.
The ability to differentiate between (and imitate on command) the sirens of a police car, ambulance and fire engine.
Why Luke Skywalker sometimes has a blue light saber and sometimes a green one.
I'd be curious to hear a list from a mother of girls. That is a completely foreign world to me.
The differences between a loader, digger, bulldozer, backhoe, excavator, grater, spreader, etc.
The airspeed (in Machs) of an F-16.
The specific time of day the garbage truck arrives on Monday.
How a spoiler makes a race car faster.
Pterodactyl and Brontosaurus are now Pteradon and Apatosaurus. I mourned their passing as much as I did Pluto's.
The ability to differentiate between (and imitate on command) the sirens of a police car, ambulance and fire engine.
Why Luke Skywalker sometimes has a blue light saber and sometimes a green one.
I'd be curious to hear a list from a mother of girls. That is a completely foreign world to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I absolutely love this! I can't wait to read someone's mom of girls post
Mother of boy and girl:
Christmas morning while my boy played with his new garbage truck and trash cans, my girl opened her first doll and immediately gave it a kiss.
Boy-stuffed animals are for dropping (only because throwing is relegated to the basement).
Girl-stuffed animals are for hugging and kissing.
I am sure I'll have more stories soon as Cora continues to show her personality. :)
Another girl note: There are approximately 5 million shades of pink, and even if you buy two pink items in the same season in the same store at the same time, the shades are still not the same. And they never will be.
Post a Comment