Monday, April 4, 2011

4 going on 14

Luke's birthday was Saturday!
Somehow in his mind 4 was a much larger milestone than 3. He started off the day telling me that instead of baths, he needed to take showers like Daddy now every time he's stinky, because he's 4. So we turned the shower on, and he kicked us out of the bathroom! He liked the shower, and the verdict was that "it felt like Pop Rocks!" All day we heard comments like, "I can run faster now because I'm 4. Watch!," or "I don't need your help with that mom because I'm 4 now." Here are some pictures of the day's activities.

The requested birthday breakfast: white doughnuts.
Lunch and soccer at the park with Auntie Paige and Uncle Ian.Mommy made a dinosaur cake for his Build-a-Bear party. We were going for a real seamless theme.
We had cake and presents outside at the mall.Then the kids built a bear.We missed the grandparents, but it was so fun to have Auntie Paige and Uncle Ian here for his birthday! Thank you for driving so far to see the boys! :) They loved having you here for all the fun. The highlight of the whole weekend was that Jarud got to baptize Uncle Ian! We were all very excited that we got to be a part of that! We love those guys!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Happy birthday, Luke! Cute cake, Abbie. I loved your "seamless" theme!

KQ said...

now that you're off fb i'm forced to quit stalking your blog and actually comment. Happy Birthday, Luke! He got a fantastic present from Uncle Ian - Congrats!

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

happy birthday Luke! Abby, they grow up waaaaaaay too fast....maybe that's way i keep having more!!!!

Auntie Paige said...

We love you guys too!!! I'm so glad we came! It was such a blessing to have Jarud baptize Ian!!!! Luke was so cute as an "old" 4 year old boy.