Monday, October 10, 2011

Carvings

Not cravings. Although I could write a post about that as well.

This year was very different from last year. Eli wanted nothing to do with the pumpkin guts (even with a spoon) and Luke was all about it. How things change in a year.

2011: grossed out with the seeds touching him2010: a mess and loving it2011: No problem2010: So proud to have been brave enough to stick even the spoon in. (My mom's wearing the same shirt! Ha!)And I'm sure next year will be different too somehow. Here are our finished products.
L to R: Jarud's, Luke's (carved by himself with a REAL knife- can't begin to explain the excitement over that...), and Eli's that Papa carved. Sorry to disappoint you, but I didn't carve one. There's no getting me off the floor after sitting down for that long. Btw- if you know what Jarud's is then you reach all kinds of heights of cool. Or nerdiness. Sometimes those categories overlap- as in this case.

4 comments:

Her Highness Andromeda the Fluffy said...

Very cool pumpkins! I miss you guys!

erin said...

Jarud's is a cylon, right? Tell me I win the nerdiness award.

Abbie said...

Erin wins the nerdiness award!!! I knew you would!

Adriele said...

Of COURSE it's a Battlestar Galactica thing... :) Good thing Erin said what I was because I was thinking it was an upside down Star Trek com. :) That's MY nerdiness for you.