A few weeks ago Luke and Eli got to come and watch some demonstrations that my high school chemistry class did for the elementary students at Hyland. Ever since then Luke has requested a chemistry birthday party. Can't say I wasn't excited about that.
We didn't really do a whole lot of learning, just a whole lot of mess and fun and I threw some sciency words at them.
Here is our Polymer Play with water beads...(those are awesome I might add)
And then we got with our lab partners and did a couple of kitchen-chemistry experiments.
4 comments:
I need to live closer! So sad I missed this. They looked like they had a BLAST! I notice no adults were there in the middle playing with things... that would have been different if Ian and I were there. I can't NOT play with those water beads. :)
Coolest birthday party ever! Good job Abbie :) Luke is the luckiest kid ever.
2 years in a rw josh has asked for experiment kits (found on amazon)for christmas. he loves experienting and making gum (a gum making kit also foound on amazon)! lots to be learned through it!
Such a great idea-you are so craetive! What a fun party! Happy birthday, Luke!
Post a Comment