Friday, July 27, 2012

Catching Up

Oh dear. I'm becoming a terrible blogger. Three kids is much different than two! It's a 50% increase, I suppose. Seems like a 300% increase. Anyway, here are a few things we've been doing.

Jarud has been telling the boys bedtime stories. He won't let me listen and I am dying to know plot details! I usually pick the boys' brains later, but I am certain it's not the same. Anyway, most recently they have switched from knights and dragons to stories about cowboys and outlaws.
It has sparked an obsession. They wanted to create a cowboy game. They told me what to draw (don't judge my horse!!), then colored my pictures and dictated all the directions to write along the path. It cracks me up and I will save it until they're old enough to laugh at themselves. (notice the stripes on the coral snake- we had an argument about that because Luke was certain it was supposed to be a rattler if it was on a cowboy game.)

We've also been doing a lot of swimming. Just blow-up pool swimming. I NEED to teach my boys to swim in a real pool! Eli is a little fish (under the water more than above) and Luke is very nervous about it but getting much better. He is feeling a little competitive with Eli, I think! And Titus is totally obsessed. He will relax and float on his back with his ears in the water! (I don't let go, of course...) Not bad for a baby!
Another thing we've been doing is growing up a baby. A fat baby! (fat for what we're used to anyway)  Fat babies are harder to keep clean. Lots of places for dirt to hide. Here's the fat.

 And here is the baby fat vs. the 5 year old. Haha.
He's a sweet one. Currently he loves water, his daddy, tags on toys, yams, and anything that makes a loud noise. (like 3 and 5 year old boys for example!)
 Here is his newest trick. So cutie pie.


Today we had a rainy afternoon so I gave Luke a pile of oatmeal containers and a bunch of other stuff to build with. He made the North Pole factory. Random, and funny, and his creativity cracks me up. Notice the Christmas lights (pipe cleaners) and the assembled toys ready to be loaded onto the sleigh. He was very proud.
Hope your summer is going well also!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Love getting a glimpse of your life. Your kids are precious. As for the third child thing-- amen, sister! I may never blog again. :-)