Monday, February 18, 2013
Valentine's Day
This is one of our favorite holidays. We love decorating for holidays
and we love crafting, baking, and making things for friends, so this is a
good holiday for us. At the beginning of February (like last year) we made Valentine mail boxes. (good thing we eat a lot of oatmeal!) Every morning they would check their mailboxes and hopefully mom and dad would have remembered to put a Valentine in there.
Checking his box.
Eli and I did a lot of Valentine themed things for preschool for a couple of days.
And we made a LOT of Valentines.
Titus mustache you a question but he'll shave it for later. It has something to do with you being his Valentine.
On the day-of we had Valentine blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Titus is acting like he's so excited here, but he only ate like two bites.
Hyland went ice skating and they usually let my little guys go even if they're not in school yet. The big kids were so good to Eli. They zoomed him around and around. I know it had to be killing their backs skating bent over like that for so long. And I could hear Eli yelling the whole time, "faster faster!!"
Luke skated with the big kids and by himself for a bit even. (hanging onto the wall) Then they had pop and cookies. We never have pop so that was a special treat.
They ate lunch at school, so we made a Valentine dinner. PLEASE oh please somebody notice my heart shaped carrots and think good things about me because of them.
However, my very favorite thing about the holiday was taking the kids to an assisted living place with Lincoln and Cora and handing out Valentines and chocolates. They were SO thrilled to have some little guys knock on their doors. One lady followed us around for a while with her walker. (Wilma on the left in the picture.) Sidenote: they do not have uniforms they just dressed alike! It was fun to watch the boys hug everyone, and to watch those residents just soak up their love. Eli even kissed a few on the lips! Didn't see that coming!! We will be going back again soon for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think good things about you but not because of the heart shaped carrots :) but those were pretty wonderful! :) Miss those boys!
you are so very creatie! love it! your boys are darling!
Love the retirement home delivery! I zoomed in on the dinner pic to check out the carrots! :)
I love the way you made this holiday so special for the boys! It's the little details (like those awesome carrots - how did you make those?!) that they'll always remember :) And I love that you spent part of your day thinking of the people at assisted living! You guys really made their day!
I think wonderful things about you too (and the heart shaped carrots are just the icing on the cake)! Your are such a great mommy. You inspire me. Love your boys.
Post a Comment