Wednesday, September 11, 2013
The Later Boys
As every mom, I think a lot about my boys and their future. Not necessarily what they will be when they grow up (although that's what this post is about), but more of what life will be like for them in this world, what personal battles they will have to fight based on what I know of their personality now, and then things like where their interests lie and how that might shape their future. This post is about that. I remember my 6th grade teacher making career suggestions based on my aptitudes and I really enjoyed reading his ideas. He said I should pursue computer technology or drama. HA. Well either he failed or I failed, but it was still fun to read about where my interests and talents lie at the time. So I thought I'd do the same for the boys. We'll call it more of a light-hearted prediction rather than a suggestion. And maybe an interesting read for the grandparents- we'll see if they agree with me.
LUKE
Some talents: Math, details details details, piano, critical thinking, tenderheartedness
Some interests: Soccer, animals, the Bible, doing the right thing
A career prediction: Part-time structural engineer of either a incredibly fun children's hospital or a soccer stadium, and part-time pianist performing for children in children's hospitals or elderly in care homes. He will be a strong leader for his family and keep them and his God as his first priority.
ELI
Some talents: Crazy good memory, math, never-ending energy, showing love to others even in difficult situations
Some interests: Sharks, whales, eels, birds of prey, snakes, wild cats, wolves (you get the idea), SWIMMING, and helping others
A career prediction: Marine biologist scuba diving with whale sharks, tracking and memorizing multiple stats only to come home at night and be the worlds most loving daddy with super-creative wild animal bedtime stories for his boys, (he said he's only having boys) and showing them first hand of God's love for them.
TITUS (okay so he's only 1 but here we go...)
Some talents: Very long attention span, organizing, helping others feel like good leaders
Some interests: Anything with an engine, how toys work, music music music, COOKING
A career prediction: Mechanical engineer designing the engine of the next Corvette variant, coming home every evening to chef-it-up for his family, putting away all the spices and seasonings very neatly after every meal.
Now. I need to add an official disclaimer. Of course (!!!) I will be thrilled with whatever career choice my boys choose. I only do this to get a laugh out of them (or at least a smile) when they are a little older and curious about their character and how it's changed. So there you go.
LUKE
Some talents: Math, details details details, piano, critical thinking, tenderheartedness
Some interests: Soccer, animals, the Bible, doing the right thing
A career prediction: Part-time structural engineer of either a incredibly fun children's hospital or a soccer stadium, and part-time pianist performing for children in children's hospitals or elderly in care homes. He will be a strong leader for his family and keep them and his God as his first priority.
ELI
Some talents: Crazy good memory, math, never-ending energy, showing love to others even in difficult situations
Some interests: Sharks, whales, eels, birds of prey, snakes, wild cats, wolves (you get the idea), SWIMMING, and helping others
A career prediction: Marine biologist scuba diving with whale sharks, tracking and memorizing multiple stats only to come home at night and be the worlds most loving daddy with super-creative wild animal bedtime stories for his boys, (he said he's only having boys) and showing them first hand of God's love for them.
TITUS (okay so he's only 1 but here we go...)
Some talents: Very long attention span, organizing, helping others feel like good leaders
Some interests: Anything with an engine, how toys work, music music music, COOKING
A career prediction: Mechanical engineer designing the engine of the next Corvette variant, coming home every evening to chef-it-up for his family, putting away all the spices and seasonings very neatly after every meal.
Now. I need to add an official disclaimer. Of course (!!!) I will be thrilled with whatever career choice my boys choose. I only do this to get a laugh out of them (or at least a smile) when they are a little older and curious about their character and how it's changed. So there you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These are perfect and HILARIOUS!!!!! Uncle Ian and I love them! :)
Post a Comment