Tuesday, December 10, 2013

For My Mom

I have a great mom. She was a great mom when I was little. I have the most beautiful memories of my simplistic and peaceful childhood. She was the perfect balance of discipline and friendship. She supported me but let me be an individual. And she had high standards regarding her expectations of me- which I really wanted to live up to. She didn't late me stay out late, see movies that were too old for me, go over to a family's house she didn't know and all kinds of other things that I protested about at the time. She was the fun mom that all my friends liked to be around. But most of all, she raised me to love the Lord- something I can never repay her for. Her only consolation will have to be that now I will do the same for my kids, which frankly, I believe actually will be some consolation. Sometimes I think she loves those boys more than I do. We are so grateful for you Maga! You are the best mom and grandma out there. Titus is still crying daily about going to "Maga House." They know how much you love them. :)


 
 

No comments: