2. I love to type in my head. I still move my fingers, just without a keyboard. If I'm holding Jarud's had it drives him crazy. My favorite phrase to type over and over is "Can you believe it?" (wow- that felt great!) because it uses all the fingers (if you capitalize the C and put a ? at the end) except for the left ring finger. If I misspell something I still delete it and fix it, just in case my transcript is somehow revealed one day in another dimension. Please still be my friend.
3. I love to ask people lots of probing questions. Not like "what's your greatest fear?" but more like "if you could be any animal what would you be and why?" I keep it light hearted. More fun. My favorite is, as some of you know, "if you were a color, what color would you be?" I love that one. I'm coloring all my friends right now... (Anna B.= red, Amy M.= white, Nicole= light purple, Mark= orange, Anna W.= peach, Brent= forest green, Jenn= yellow and purple, yes, she gets two, Scott= ice blue, not because he's cold, I'll explain sometime, Jacque= deep violet and crimson, yes, she gets two, also, Julie= red, Bret= dark brown, Whitney= emerald, Sara W.= cobalt blue... I shouldn't have started this.) The people I'm closest to (ie. Jarud, Adriele and Abram) are too hard to color. They seem like every color all in one person.
4. A list within a list; my top ten books:
10. A Wrinkle in Time, Madeline L'Engle
9. Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman
8. Fools, Neil Simon
7. The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkein
6. The Scarlet Pimpernel, Baroness Emmuska Magdalena Rosalia Maria Josefa Barbara Orczy (her real name!!!!)
5. The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkein
4. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
3. Doomsday Book, Connie Willis
2. Voice in the Wind, Francine Rivers
1. Cyrano de Bergerac (ah, true love), Edmond Rostand
5. I love love love to read my Bible. That sounds really high and mighty. Sorry. I just do love it. It feeds me!
6. I don't feel completely content in life unless I have some sort of outlet for beauty. (cheesy, yes, just work with me) Things that fill the outlet are growing plants in my sun window, reading good literature, sitting on the porch with Jarud after Luke is in bed, making things for people that I know will make them happy (cards with photos of Luke, embroidered things, etc.), reading/writing poetry especially in a cemetery (so peaceful and real), CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS with glitter(!!!!), a good melancholy song in a minor key with great harmony (ie. Flee as a Bird!), a trip to the mountains (by myself is the best, even though it sounds kinda exclusive...), or loving on my son. Man, I've got a great life. This IS an egocentric blog post, you know.
I tag Sara Whitelaw, Amy McKissick and yes, you, Bret Carter. No it's not girly.
4 comments:
Love the disaster planning! Ooh, this may be hard and it may take me a few days to get to it - but I'll try. BTW, the quacking duck bill thing came from a ride in Branson that Jenna's Mima went rode. If Jenna ever figures out how to make it work, you may get to have it for awhile! :)
I disaster plan as well. What's wrong with us? We're not this neurotic normally...
Ummm...I'm a little freaked out now. I actually do number 1 and number 2 on this list. I thought I was the only crazy typist. James thinks I'm playing piano but really I'm typing whatever is running through my head.... :)
I also disaster plan! Apparently so do your other friends :) Only it doesn't make me feel more prepared, it only makes me more freaked out. And of course when real disasters happen (like today, see my blog) I never see them coming.
A Wrinkle in Time is one of the best books ever :)
Post a Comment