Saturday, October 24, 2009
Machine Washable
It was a normal day- breastfeeding the baby in one hand while wiping the potty training toddler's booty with the other hand, trying to avoid cross-contamination, you know, regular mom stuff. I return to my nursing rocker to have a normal nursing experience for a while. I don't know about you other moms, but when I'm actually sitting and nursing, I get a little stir crazy and start inspecting every corner of my baby and picking fuzz balls off his clothes. During this process I noticed that his bib had a laundering instructions tag. What else to do but read it? Little did I know I was about to be blasted with a dose of "I fail as a mother."
"Machine wash cold with like colors only, non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low, remove promptly, warm iron when needed."
Did it really just say that? Sure enough- "warm iron when needed."
I think: What in the world? They must not know my son. If I ironed every bib of his before he spit on it, bib-ironing and breastfeeding is all I would do all day. And honestly, even the "remove promptly" is a little ridiculous for a BIB. Who wrote that tag? Probably a man who does not have a baby who spits on his bibs. Either that or maybe they have one generic tag they stick on all their baby apparel with the same washing instructions. Yeah, let's go with that. But really- I can't think of many baby clothes that are worth ironing... Enough thinking about ridiculous bib washing instructions, now it's time to burp the baby so he can spit on his wrinkly, non-ironed bib.
"Machine wash cold with like colors only, non-chlorine bleach when needed, tumble dry low, remove promptly, warm iron when needed."
Did it really just say that? Sure enough- "warm iron when needed."
I think: What in the world? They must not know my son. If I ironed every bib of his before he spit on it, bib-ironing and breastfeeding is all I would do all day. And honestly, even the "remove promptly" is a little ridiculous for a BIB. Who wrote that tag? Probably a man who does not have a baby who spits on his bibs. Either that or maybe they have one generic tag they stick on all their baby apparel with the same washing instructions. Yeah, let's go with that. But really- I can't think of many baby clothes that are worth ironing... Enough thinking about ridiculous bib washing instructions, now it's time to burp the baby so he can spit on his wrinkly, non-ironed bib.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol, you DO get stir crazy! I cannot believe that said to IRON THE BIB!!! What the heck- who does that? Maybe people with nannys. The nanny watches the kid and the maids launder and iron bibs. That's my only thought...
Abbie this is incredible...you should write a book. ;)
Post a Comment