Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holidays With a 2 Year Old

Things are different this year. Luke knows and remembers enough about Christmas to be really excited, where as last year he just kind of went with the flow. His excitement makes us excited and makes the Christmas season so much more enjoyable.

Decorating the tree was a lot of fun. I didn't rearrange when he was finished, even though some areas of the tree look like this:And some look like this:He loves all the ornaments- especially the Darth Vader who says, "Luke, I am your father," to which he responds, "NO WAY!" He is excited about Santa and says he wants a helicopter. That, and a black and black zebra. That one may be a little more difficult for Santa to find. He has also decided that he needs to get Santa a present. No problem. I think Santa wants a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft. I'll get right on that.

We had our first child-meets-tree-haphazardly experience this evening with a broken ornament. No biggie- I have already mourned them all as if they are already broken. That way when it happens it's not an emotional experience for me. (you can tell I love my ornaments...) This is the way it went down:
"Luke what happened to that ornament?"
"I heard a crash."
"Yes, but I am wondering what happened. How did that ornament crash?"
"It had a crash-down landing. Like an airplane."

Hmmm.

Here are some pictures of holiday fun so far.
Eli loves Christmas, too. Or at least I think he does. He doesn't do anything but smile, so it's hard to tell if he's any more happy than usual.Here is a better one of his hair...
Hope you are enjoying the holiday season as well!

2 comments:

Jo Brock said...

Luke is so funny!

Her Highness Andromeda the Fluffy said...

Cute! I'm glad the boys are enjoying Christmas! Eli's hair is awesome. Baby mohawks FTW :)