Monday, March 15, 2010

Boy Bios- Eli Edition

Sorry, all my "witty" titles involve alliteration. That's about as far as my creativity extends. I want to post Boy Bios periodically so that I can remember what they were doing at certain ages because I sure won't remember if I don't. And hopefully some of my readers will enjoy them also. Well, at least the grandparents will...

ELI
Age: 10 months

Nicknames: B-li (from brother), Spike, E, B (short for B-li), Boogie Woogie

Enjoys: Being in the water!!!, watching and laughing at the dog, watching and laughing at his brother, clapping with us to music, rolling, shaking tearing and eating paper when mom's not looking, music, eating chicken avocado with eggs for dinner (gross!!), eating anything actually, balls, being held

Good at: EATING!!, screeching, sleeping (new development- woo hoo!!), somehow moving across the room seated on his booty, crawling backward (won't go forward), flashing his two-tooth grin, signing "please," "all done," and clapping on command.

Defining characteristics: Very happy, very chill and low-key, loves his momma right now (no complaints here!), personality to match his hair, crazy screecher, loves Bible class, has a ready smile for anyone who has one for him

Some of my favorite things about Eli right now:
At night when we walk into his bedroom for bed he will immediately lay his head down on my shoulder and start patting me. If he wakes up at night all he wants is to hold my finger and he is completely content. (although I do know the value of helping him fall back to sleep on his own, don't worry)

He is very responsive to correction and praise and really tries to please us. The proud look on his face when he claps or signs "please" makes me so happy.

He loves his brother and is happy even to just be in the same room as him. Luckily this feeling is returned (at least for now) and they have many a fun time playing together.

Watching this boy in the water is absolutely hilarious. He is completely crazy. He has somehow figured out how to scoot up and down the bathtub while seated on his little booty. You can't be within five feet of the tub and stay dry.

I love that when I am reading a book to him he continually looks back at me and smiles.