Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Male bonding

The boys have all gone through a phase where they distance themselves from me a bit and begin to want more attention from their dad. It's so good for them, and honestly it doesn't bother me at all. Titus though, is over the top! He loves me when Daddy's not home but once he is, I'm only used for soothing pain and for bedtime. He has always been a bit crazy for Daddy, even when he was tiny.

Nowadays the Daddy-love presents itself in different ways. When I'm folding laundry and I pull out an item of Jarud's, Titus screams "Daddy!" and runs and jumps on top of it and lays his head down on it. If anyone goes in or out of the door during the day we hear a big "Daddy!" and he is rushing up the stairs, making us open the door to see if Daddy is home. When I have a glass of "Daddy's" tea, Titus is sure to let me know that, really, it belongs to Daddy, and maybe I shouldn't be drinking it.









I really am glad he loves his Daddy so much. I think maybe I just need a girl.

2 comments:

L Stewart said...

Girl! Girl! Girl! :)
Although I can't really say anything because people have been hassling me about just having a baby in general! ha!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the next time around you'll have a girl....when is the next time? Lol! Glad baby T loves his Daddy so much! :-) -Rachel