Thursday, August 8, 2013

Annual Sew!

I sewed! I usually do once a year. So now I'm good until January. Here are the results. A little apron for a tiny little girl named Stella. (isn't that the best name?) I hear she's baked many a fancy treat in her little kitchen and that the apron performed well. Her mom is a professional cake baker so she comes by it naturally. I also sewed her a matching kerchief for her hair, but I think right now it impedes her artistry in the kitchen. Maybe when she's a little older it will be more helpful. :) No picture of the kerchief, so you'll have to use your imagination. It's the first time I didn't use a pattern and it wasn't too hard, just took me forever because I kept second guessing things.

Don't look closely at my crooked stitching!! I love the ribbon. I also got some woodland creatures ribbon (complete with tiny red and white mushrooms on it) and some ribbon with a little red-headed girl saying: "Be cosmic!" Haha!

And here is Stella cooking away!
Isn't she the cutest? Such a tiny little apron for a tiny little girl! :) (Don't tell Jarud but I tried it out on Titus to check the fit!)

3 comments:

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

soooooo cute, Abs. my thinking is if you make your product cute enough, no one looks (or cares about) the not-to-straight seems. i've been making skirts for Julia and her friends. circle skirts are super easy and just have elastic at the top. google it. i will have to say that sewing for girls in a lot funner than sewing for boys....just sayin'

Sara said...

let me just brag on Abbie a bit...my baby girl was the recipient of said apron, and her stitching looks great! and Stella loves her little apron and loves to pretend to cook in it. I've even had to wash it already because she went a little crazy with a banana and actually used it to wipe her hands on- and it held up great through the wash! Thanks Abbie :-) You're the best. Now maybe momma needs a matching one? heehee

Abbie said...

Haha- thanks friends! Amy, there is truth to that! The only fun thing to sew boys is capes and I already did that. Aprons are much cuter! And Sara- Thank you! It was very fun to make. But if you want one I need to find more ribbon! ;)