Friday, August 16, 2013

When I was your age...

It's always such a joke to have those conversations and they usually involve phrases like "uphill both ways," the "5 and Dime," etc. I've decided my generation's phrase is going to involve something about the ice cream truck. I mean really- $4 for a bomb pop??? Who are you kidding? I can buy two whole boxes at the store for that much! WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE I could get a snow cone from the ice cream truck for 75 cents and I remember my mom telling me that it was way overpriced. Nonetheless, the boys have been saving their money forEVER just in case the ice cream truck came around. Standing on the corner hearing the faint music hoping beyond hope that he would decide to turn down their street this time, which usually ended in disappointment. Well today it did not. We VERY excitedly payed a collective $12 for three popsicles. Mommy spotted Titus. What is this world coming to? At least it's still just a penny to ride the horse at the grocery store.

3 comments:

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

my kids always get a kick out of teh technology we had "waaaaay back then". how the remote was attatched to the the TV - people tripping over it all the time, the big huge camcorders, tape players, stationary phones and type writters. Ha!

Jeff and Amy McKissick said...

my kids always get a kick out of teh technology we had "waaaaay back then". how the remote was attatched to the the TV - people tripping over it all the time, the big huge camcorders, tape players, stationary phones and type writters. Ha!

Rachel E said...

This made me laugh so much I read it to Jason! Loooove how excited they are, especially Titus! We've been waiting all summer for the ice cream truck with no luck so far....but I had no clue how much we're going to have to pay! Yikes!