Sunday, November 17, 2013
Thankful Series
I love it when bloggers do posts of what they're thankful for around the Thanksgiving season. SO I think I will follow suit. I am going to attempt (but probably not get them all in) a top ten list, but in no particular order.
My first post will be about my husband! I am very thankful for him and the kind of man that he is. Because frankly, we only dated for three months before we got engaged and then four months later we were married. For all I knew he could have been anyone! I hardly knew him after only seven months. We hadn't even been through a summer season together by the time we got married! But lucky for me it was God's plan as well and not just mine- he's perfect for my family and I.
If you know Jarud even a little, you know that he is not quick to speak or slow to listen. He is sure to think things through before he opens his mouth. Good thing I'm married to him because you know how I am! He is so steady with his actions as well. Not impulsive, but very intentional and deliberate. He is my rock! He has talked me down from many a dumb idea or impulsive action. My spiritual life is much more on track because I have him as my sounding board.
Another of my favorite things about him is the father that he is to the boys. So fun and patient and sacrificial with his time for them. And they love him for it! I think they would say their favorite things about daddy are his wrestling matches and his bedtime stories. He tucks them in and lets them take turns picking the topic and then tells a long story off the top of his head that matches the subject they picked and somehow involves three little boys. I could never do that. They looooove it. And they love him. So do I. :)
My first post will be about my husband! I am very thankful for him and the kind of man that he is. Because frankly, we only dated for three months before we got engaged and then four months later we were married. For all I knew he could have been anyone! I hardly knew him after only seven months. We hadn't even been through a summer season together by the time we got married! But lucky for me it was God's plan as well and not just mine- he's perfect for my family and I.
If you know Jarud even a little, you know that he is not quick to speak or slow to listen. He is sure to think things through before he opens his mouth. Good thing I'm married to him because you know how I am! He is so steady with his actions as well. Not impulsive, but very intentional and deliberate. He is my rock! He has talked me down from many a dumb idea or impulsive action. My spiritual life is much more on track because I have him as my sounding board.
Another of my favorite things about him is the father that he is to the boys. So fun and patient and sacrificial with his time for them. And they love him for it! I think they would say their favorite things about daddy are his wrestling matches and his bedtime stories. He tucks them in and lets them take turns picking the topic and then tells a long story off the top of his head that matches the subject they picked and somehow involves three little boys. I could never do that. They looooove it. And they love him. So do I. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment